Glimpses of Grand Traverse Past: Reflections on a Local History — Richard Fidler
Bookstores and other retailers, please note: This book is available for ordering only through Ingram. Stores should access their Ingram accounts to find this title. Stores that have not yet opened an account with Ingram can do so at this link, then click on "Bookstores."
Ingram welcomes all retailers to open accounts, not just bookstores. So gift shops and other kinds of shops are eligible.
• Why does Grand Traverse County usually vote Republican?
• How did it come about that “A view of the bay is worth half the pay?”
• How did the Ku Klux Klan gain a foothold locally?
• Where were the women of Grand Traverse in the nineteenth century?
These and other questions are answered in discussions focused on important historical events, artifacts, and institutions of the Grand Traverse area. Thoughtful and at times provocative, Glimpses of Grand Traverse Past explores who we are and how we got that way. lllustrated with archived photographs, it presents a refreshingly new perspective on our local history.
Praise for Glimpses of Grand Traverse Past:
“...delightful...well written and nicely designed to encourage further reading into the history of this wonderful area in Michigan.” — Francis X. Blouin, Professor of History, University of Michigan
“Richard Fidler has presented Traverse City with another jewel for her ‘history crown.’ Meticulously researched...written in a highly entertaining style.” —Bob Wilson, author of "Legends of Grand Traverse"
“The stories are interesting—well told, rooted in careful research, and placed in historical context.” —David Macleod, Professor of History, Central Michigan University
- Paperback: 134 pages
- Publisher: Mission Point Press (July 27, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1943995397
- ISBN-13: 978-1943995394
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.3 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.7 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)